Jedco Inc. serves the precision metal fabrication needs of the aerospace industry. Jedco is a leading supplier of fabricated sheet metal and complex machined assemblies to the domestic and global aerospace industry.
Sets up and operates numerical control machine (3 & 4 Axis) to cut, shape, mill, ream, turn or form metal work pieces to specifications by performing the following duties.
JOB TITLE: CNC Machine Operator
JOB DETAILS: Full- time, benefited, 2nd shift, 3rd Shift
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Reviews set-up sheet and
specifications to determine set-up procedure, machining sequence and dimensions
of finished work piece. Programs
· Works with the tool room personnel to build die and fixture components per engineering blueprints. Assembles cutting tools in tool holders and positions tool holders in machine spindles as specified or inserts cutting tools in specified machine magazines.
· Attaches fixture to machine bed and positions and secures work piece in fixture according to set-up instructions.
· Loads control media such as disk in machine control console or enters commands to retrieve pre programmed machine instructions from database.
· Manipulates controls and enters commands to index cutting tool to specified set point and to start machine.
· Observes and listens to machine operation to detect malfunctions such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
Required Knowledge and Abilities:
· Changes cutting tools and location of work piece during machining process as specified in set-up instructions.
Measures work piece for conformance to specifications. Provides production with work as required to maintain schedule.
Reads and understands operation process sheets, tooling instruments, blueprint features and basic manufacturing principles.
· Follows all processes provided and works with supervision and engineering for improvements and modifications.
· Reads and understands all required measurements and testing equipment required for job.
· Ensures parts received are not damaged and checks for completeness of paperwork. Also ensures that parts leaving the area have been completed.
· Understands and follows Jedco Standard Manufacturing Guidelines.
· Perform other tasks as required.
· Machines materials other than metal such as composites, plastic, and rubber.
· Adjusts machine feed and speed and changes cutters to machine parts according to specifications when automatic programming is faulty or machine malfunctions.
· Performs own deburring of parts produced from machining operation.
· Comfortable communicating with wide range of people/personalities.
· Must be highly motivated and able to handle multiple duties at one time.
· Must be a self starter and very well organized. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Other duties may be assigned.
Education and/or Experience:
· Must be able to communicate fluently in English (read, write, verbal).
· Blueprint reading and understanding of basic manufacturing procedures and GD&T are required.
· High School Diploma with general math skills is required.
· Knowledge and use of M & TE.
· Must have a minimum of 5 years manufacturing experience.
years experience running and set-up of manual and
Send resumes to: email@example.com.